Sunday, January 25, 2009

EFT for Fear of Flying

EFT is one of the most effective techniques i've ever seen to banish a fear of flying.

I worked recently with a friend who hasn't been able to get on a plane since she left Manhattan in terror after 9/11. We had spoken about the subject numerous times and half-heartedly attempted EFT to clear it, but it wasn't until the morning of her flight when I said, "Ok you have to take this seriously. you have to really focus and do it for longer than 10 seconds for this to work!"  

When we did that,  a number of other core issues popped up, particularly the loss of power she had felt.  Loss of her own power and the fact that she had "forgotten" how to connect with her higher self.  and that her higher self was available to her anytime she needed it!  Adding the spiritual side to the basic EFT questions increased the effectiveness of the EFT dramatically and instantaneaously.  We tapped on her fears, then we tapped her back into her full power.  Using the power of her higher self and her "I am" presence to accelerate her ability to do anything she chooses.

The results were stunning!  We spoke after she landed in Florida and she said she was nearly singing on the plane!

Update on return flight: My client said the return flight went well, she noticed some discomfort after the plane took off and she wondered why she hadn't called me for a refresher session, but that the flight went faster than she expected and she was landing before she knew it.  My reply was that was perfect!  She now knew that she could do this all by herself, and use the technique to calm herself anytime she needed!  
Private sessions available via phone, skype or ventrillo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Up, Up and Away

As I am looking out of my window, its snowing and it is indeed magnificent to see and experience. I felt this snow earlier this morning during a run through my neighborhood, instead of the treadmill, so that I could feel me in the outdoors, see the trees and just be a part of the snow.

As I look out my window some hours later and see the snow falling a little heavier and a bird with a large wing span flying across and through the snow in the sky. It flew ever so carefree and wonderfully it made me think of my first flight in years on January 18, 2009.The experience was great in parts, when I let myself go like this bird. Because, in spite of the snow, this bird was soaring high, high and higher until it was out of sight and on to its destination.

I have a very good friend whom I was having a conversation with this summer and mentioned that I was planning a business trip in January. I told her of my fear of flying since 9/11 and what I personally experienced. She asked me if I wanted to do some EFT tapping and we did. I did not take it that seriously but did some tapping a few times land then let it go. A few days before my flight I called up my friend and we made arrangements to do some tapping a few days before and I believe the day of my flight.

That brings me to September 18, the day of my flight. There I was walking into one of those magnificent structures that make up LaGuardia Airport (LGA). I was looking at all of the wonderful, wonderful, wonderful buildings as if I had never seen them before because indeed I didn’t, not really. . Previously when at LGA or any airport, I was always in a lot of fear. And this fear was gripping every single fiber of my body. And every fiber of my body was crying out a feeling that’s impossible to explain but today, I was loving both the feeling and experience. In fact, one of my sisters told me the night before, to enjoy the journey.

I was caught up in all of the new procedures that were instituted in all airports including taking off your shoes, the long lines, toiletries, liquids and just trying to get to the end of the security line. Once there, I decided to eat lunch. This in itself is a great breakthrough because I could never eat, with all the tension filling my entire stomach.. But today, I ate lunch, in fact I prepared it myself before I left for the airport. My lunch was great. Then I went to the check in area sat down and met a fellow passenger. We talked as though we had known other for years and before I knew it, I was boarding the plane. In fact, we were the last to board because we missed the first boarding call. Getting on the plane, finding my seat and getting settled started bringing me back to the fact that I was on a plane. A little tension was felt. Then I started hearing in my mind again, up, up and away in my beautiful machine. The tension left. The next thing I knew I was up in the clouds. I started to feel a little nervous again and started to tap on its OK to feel nervous and reminded myself to let go and let God or connect to my higher self, and need to remember this moment. When I started to tap, the feeling immediately left me and in fact, a feeling of joy came over me so great that I began to smile, even laugh. Sinking completely into that moment and loving it. Then I began to tap on its OK or really weird to feel so relaxed and its OK to feel this relaxed.

I then asked myself, how I am doing and the response was you are doing quite well. Well I relaxed a little more and it was as if I was in my mother’s arms, loving it and all the protection was there for me whenever I assessed it. There were several times during the flight that we experienced turbulence but acknowledging that it’s OK to be nervous, remembering to connect to my higher self helped me to really letting go. It worked so well when I let it that many times during the flight, I was caught by myself, smiling to myself.

This flight was about my letting go of my fears through this great technique of EFT but not only EFT but the Practitioner or the person who found out what needed to be addressed. Took those concerns and during EFT conversation led me through those areas and they absolutely worked for me. In another blog, I will go over my feelings and actions during my return flight.

To get back to the bird, it flies because it knows it can and just puts itself in the go mode, takes off and flies. And it does. Once we know we can, we will.